Day 9 - Rest and Recreation
My 1st 'Off' day from training and I had a jog around the neighbourhood in the morning. Realised everywhere was under-renovation. Below the HDB which I live in used to have a basketball court. But now they are making it into a 'outdoor gym'. Speaking of which, you do notice that there are getting more and more of this eyesore around the neighbourhood, no?
I officially got no more childhood memories! I still remember I rollerblade there when I was in Primary Sch, then played basketball in Secondary and I even learnt my first bicycle lesson at the basketball court when I was Sec 5 and ended in the bushes (Yes I know, I got no childhood).Oh well, sort of regretted that I chose to make a comeback playing basketball again, fate decided to take that court away from me. Should have spent more time playing below.
Maybe its a sign that's age catching up. That I should be now 'using' those apparatus below instead...
Anyway, was looking browsing through Youtube and I saw this very inspiring video on Michael Jordan. Its called the 'Failure' commercial.
Michael Jordan "Failure" Nike Commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc
"I missed more than 9000 shots in my career"
"I lost almost 300 games."
"26 times, I've been entrusted to take the game-winning shot...and missed."
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life..."
"And that is why...I succeed."
Must remember his never-say-die quote. So inspiring yet so cool. Oh yea by the way, got to invest in a new basketball. Got the shoes, got the gear, but no ball. What gives?
Have to find another full-time job. Last I heard from my friend, I'm going to be fired from my 'Goverment' job in 12 days time due to recession (*snicker*).
I officially got no more childhood memories! I still remember I rollerblade there when I was in Primary Sch, then played basketball in Secondary and I even learnt my first bicycle lesson at the basketball court when I was Sec 5 and ended in the bushes (Yes I know, I got no childhood).Oh well, sort of regretted that I chose to make a comeback playing basketball again, fate decided to take that court away from me. Should have spent more time playing below.
Maybe its a sign that's age catching up. That I should be now 'using' those apparatus below instead...
Anyway, was looking browsing through Youtube and I saw this very inspiring video on Michael Jordan. Its called the 'Failure' commercial.
Michael Jordan "Failure" Nike Commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc
"I missed more than 9000 shots in my career"
"I lost almost 300 games."
"26 times, I've been entrusted to take the game-winning shot...and missed."
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life..."
"And that is why...I succeed."
Must remember his never-say-die quote. So inspiring yet so cool. Oh yea by the way, got to invest in a new basketball. Got the shoes, got the gear, but no ball. What gives?
Have to find another full-time job. Last I heard from my friend, I'm going to be fired from my 'Goverment' job in 12 days time due to recession (*snicker*).


1 Comments:
you'll be fine with passion and some 'bread'.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home